|Ashworth Close Dewsbury|
The blaze which residents described as starting in a communal hallway broke out around 5:10 PM and has spread through the Roof areas of the connected properties causing severe damage to the building.
The firefighters attempted to contain the blaze until an Ariel platform appliance could be sourced from Wakefield fire station.
The flats involved form part of the Ashworth Close flats complex with shared communal hallways, families and residents are tonight unable to return home.
|Residents of Ashworth close are moved out|
Locals have spoken of the shock at families and residents having to leave homes so close to Christmas with some calling for nearby residents to assist those displaced.
Investigations in to the blaze are expected to begin tomorrow, however until the damage is assessed many residents are having to find temporary accommodation with friends and relatives.
Pictures YNMS-NEWS/ Mark Readman